Hudson & White LtdT: 020 3633 2908

…no Property Inspection Report was prepared until 17 January 2012.  This would have materially contributed to the success of the appeal at an earlier stage in the application...


Immigration Judge in an IAC First-tier Tribunal in respect of our property inspection report for spouse visa


‘ third party assessment of the size and suitability of the accommodation had been supplied...Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph...HC395’


Entry Clearance Officer's refusal as no property inspection report was provided for spouse visa

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Where does it show on the Home Office/UKVI website that a property inspection report is required for UK Entry Clearance Visa and Settlement applications?

Please refer to page 3 under ‘Accommodation details’ in Home Office/UKVI Guide to supporting documents for settlement applications can be found by clicking here.

A property inspection report is a document in the UKVI supporting documents information guide which can prove to the Entry Clearance Officer that you have Obtain[ed] an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodationA report from a suitably qualified body certifying that a personal inspection has been carried out and giving details of accommodation inspected is usually acceptable for this purpose. Above all, the Entry Clearance officer must be satisfied that the accommodation will not become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 or that it will not contravene public health regulations.

2. Why should I instruct Hudson & White Ltd?

We are a leading provider of property inspection reports for UK entry clearance visa and settlement applications.  We have surveyors with experience of over 20 years in the property industry and we specialise in the surveying of residential accommodation and producing property inspection reports that satisfy UK immigration Rules.

We have the knowledge, understanding and experience of inspecting properties under:

· Part X of the Housing Act 1985 (that the property is not statutorily
· Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 (i.e. it will not contravene public health
regulations using the The Housing Health and Safety Rating System).
Both of the above are requirements of UK Immigration Rules prior to granting UK entry clearance visa or settlement.

Our property (or housing accommodation) inspection reports have been submitted to the UKBA, Immigration Judges, British High Commissions and British Embassies around the world including Afghanistan, Albania, China, Georgia, Colombia, India, Hong Kong, Kenya, Kosovo, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand and USA.

Please visit our testimonials page where we provide evidence that UK Immigration Judges have approved to our property (or housing accommodation) inspection reports.

3. Who needs a property inspection report for UK entry clearance visa and settlement purposes?

A property inspection report is required for all applications leading to/for the purposes of settlement, these are:

· Spouse(s) and civil partners;
· Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partner;
· Unmarried and same-sex partners;
· Children;
· Parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives.
Please visit our external links page for further information.

4. Why does the Home Office/UKVI require a property (or housing accommodation) inspection report?

It is imperative to demonstrate that the Applicant(s) will have no further need to be re-housed once in the UK.  The Sponsor needs to provide evidence that they have the funds to maintain and accommodate the Applicant(s) without recourse to public funds.  The Home Office/UKVI must be satisfied that the Sponsor can accommodate the Applicant(s) in housing that that will not become statutorily overcrowded under the provisions of Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and is safe and fit for human habitation under Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004.

5. What information do you require from me?

Before we come to inspect the property will send you an enquiry form and you will be requested for the following details:

· The address of the property;
· Full passport name and date of birth of the applicant(s);
· Full passport name(s) and date of births of all persons who will be living
at the property once UK entry clearance visa has been granted;
· Relationship of Sponsor to the applicant(s);
· Ownership of the property;
· Type of application which is being made.

6. What do you check during the accommodation inspection?

We have to measure every room in the accommodation to ensure the property will not become statutorily overcrowded under Part X of the Housing Act 1985 and has sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and any additional people who propose to live there after UK entry clearance or settlement is granted.

The property will also be inspected internally and externally using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) covered by Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004.

7. How quickly can you provide the report?

We can provide reports within 24 hours dependent on the level of service chosen.

8. How long is the report valid for?

The report is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.

9. How much does it cost?

Our fee is dependent on the location and size of the property/accommodation; and the level of service required.  Please contact us to obtain a personalised quote.

10. Which areas do you cover?

We cover all parts of London (North, East, South East, South, South West, West and North West), East of England, South East England and some parts of the Midlands.


The London Boroughs and postcodes we cover are:

Barnet, Barking and Dagenham, Bexley, Brent, Bromley, Camden, City of London, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston upon Thames, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Merton, Redbridge, Richmond upon Thames, Southwark, Sutton, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Wandsworth, Westminster

North London - N1, N2, N3, N4, N5, N6, N7, N8, N9, N10, N11, N12, N13, N14, N15, N16, N17, N18, N19, N20, N21, N22

North West London - NW1, NW2, NW3, NW4, NW5, NW6, NW7, NW8, NW9, NW10, NW11

West London - W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W7, W8, W9, W10, W11, W12, W13, W14

West Central London - WC1, WC2

East London - E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14, E15, E16, E17, E18

East Central London - EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4

South East London - SE1, SE2, SE3, SE4, SE5, SE6, SE7, SE8, SE9, SE10, SE11, SE12, SE13, SE14, SE15, SE16, SE17, SE18, SE19, SE20, SE21, SE22, SE23, SE24, SE25, SE26, SE27, SE28

South West London - SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4, SW5, SW6, SW7, SW8, SW9, SW9, SW10, SW11, SW12, SW13, SW14, SW15, SW16, SW17, SW18, SW19, SW20



The Greater London and South East postcodes we cover are:

Uxbridge - UB1, UB2, UB3, UB4, UB5, UB6, UB7, UB8, UB9, UB10, UB11

Harrow - HA1, HA2, HA3, HA4, HA5, HA6, HA7, HA8, HA9

Watford – WD1, WD2, WD3, WD4, WD5, WD6, WD7, WD17, WD18, WD19, Wd23, WD24, WD25

Enfield - EN1, EN2, EN3, EN4, EN5, EN6, EN7, EN8, EN9, EN10, EN11

Ilford - IG1, IG2, IG3, IG4, IG5, IG6, IG7, IG8, IG9, IG10, IG11

Romford - RM1, RM2, RM3, RM4, RM5, RM6, RM7, RM8, RM9, RM10 RM11, RM12, RM13, RM14, RM15, RM16, RM17, RM18, RM19, RM20

Chelmsford – CM1, CM2, CM3, CM4, CM5, CM6, CM7, CM8, CM9, CM10, CM11, CM12, CM13, CM14, CM15, CM16, CM17, CM18, CM19, CM20, CM21, CM22, CM23, CM24, CM77

Dartford - DA1, DA2, DA3, DA4, DA5, DA6, DA7, DA8, DA9, DA10, DA11, DA12, DA13, DA14, DA15, DA16, DA17, DA18

Bromley – BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4, BR5, BR6, BR7, BR8

Croydon - CR0, CR1, CR2, CR3, CR4, CR5, CR6, CR7,CR8

Sutton – SM1, SM2, SM3, SM4, SM5, SM6, SM7

Kingston Upon Thames - KT1, KT2, KT3, KT4, KT5, KT6, KT7, KT8, KT9, KT10, KT11, KT12, KT13, KT14, KT15, KT16, KT17, KT18, KT19, KT20, KT21, KT22, KT23, KT24

Twickenham - TW1, TW2, TW2, TW3, TW4, TW5, TW6, TW7, TW8, TW9, TW10, TW11, TW12, TW13, TW14, TW15, TW16, TW17, TW18, TW19, TW20

Slough – SL0, SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4 SL5, SL6, SL7, SL8, SL9

Reading - RG1, RG2, RG3, RG4, RG5, RG6, RG7, RG8, RG9, RG10, RG11, RG12, RG13, RG14, RG15, RG16, RG17, RG18, RG19, RG20, RG21, RG22, RG23, RG24, RG25, RG26, RG27, RG28, RG29, RG30, RG31, RG40, RG41, RG42, RG45

St Albans - AL1, AL2, AL3, AL4, AL5, AL6, AL7, AL8, AL9, AL10

Stevenage -  SG1, SG2, SG3, SG4, SG5, SG5, SG7, SG8, SG9, SG10, SG11, SG12, SG13, SG14, SG15, SG16, SG17, S18, SG19

Hemel Hempstead - HP1, HP2, HP3, HP4, HP5, HP6, HP7, HP8, HP9, HP10, HP11, HP12, HP13, HP14, HP15, HP16, HP17, HP18, HP19, HP20, HP21, HP22, HP23, HP27

Luton – LU1, LU2, LU3, LU4, LU5, LU6, LU7


The Counties we cover are Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Greater London, Hertfordshire, Kent, London, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Surrey.

Not sure if we can do a property inspection report in your area? Please do not hesitate to contact us to ask.

11. How can I contact you?

You can either call us on 0203 633 2908, email us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or go to our contact us page and send us your details and we will get in touch with you.

Specialist in Immigration Inspections for UK Entry Clearance Visa & Settlement Applications


All property inspection reports carried out and certified by RICS Chartered Surveyors


Areas covered -

London, South East England, Midlands and East Anglia

Surveys can be carried out at short notice, evenings or weekends


Urgent 24 hour turnaround available



Follow us

  • Facebook Page:

Contact Us